Hi Friends! It’s beed a while since I posted a painting video and recently I got a request on my Instagram account to create a more detailed gouache tutorial. And I jumped right on it!
In the past few months I became a big fan of quick (1-2 hour) gouache landscape because they let me practice the same techniques I use in oils and in addition, since gouaches are fast drying, they challenge me to work fast. I’ve already uploaded a few timelapses to my Youtube channel, but always wanted to make a more detailed tutorial with the step by step explanations of my process.
You can sit back and relax or paint along with me (the reference image will be linked below). I welcome any questions or video recommendations. Enjoy!
The original reference image from unsplash.com https://unsplash.com/photos/I9VZWJxksjg
✦ SUPPLIES I used in this tutorial:
✧ Gouache paints:
– Titanium White by Da Vinci https://amzn.to/2Sph17I
– Flesh tint by W&N https://amzn.to/2SsKy0e
– Lemon Yellow by Talens https://amzn.to/2JRiLCJ
– Permanent yellow deep by W&N https://amzn.to/2SsfCx3
– Burnt Sienna by W&N https://amzn.to/2Lw6V4g
– Spectrum Red by W&N https://amzn.to/2XUH3pd
– Lilac by Talens https://www.dickblick.com/items/00826-6031/
– Sap green by DaVinci https://amzn.to/2xWcTmb
– Prussian blue W&N https://amzn.to/2YcFxhM
– Black by Talens https://amzn.to/2JRiLCJ
✧ Best cheaper alternatives to expensive gouache paints:
– Arteza gouache set of 24: https://amzn.to/2Ku3VFa
– Turner acrylic gouache set of 12: https://amzn.to/2WUoz2E
✧ Moleskine watercolor sketchbook https://amzn.to/2XJD2iC
✧ Brush set https://amzn.to/2XOK2zw
✧ Mixing palette https://amzn.to/2O8on0O
✧ Small spray bottle https://amzn.to/2MP7cR8
Gouache landscape on the first page of the moleskine sketchbook
If you’re shopping for art supplies at Blick Art Materials, please click on any Blick Graphic Ad on my website to use my affiliate link which helps me earn a small commission at no cost to you.
p.s. I use affiliate links and earn a small commission at no additional cost to you, this helps me keep this blog running and share free information with the world!